Get Help Now!
Speak with us through Live Chat:
The Latest from Neil
- 3 Most Important Things to Do After an Auto Accident
- The Violent Crime Called Drunk Driving
- Choosing the Right Personal Injury Attorney
From Our ClientsSee More Reviews!
Write a Review!
Grounds for Personal Injury Claims
Personal Injury Attorney in Atlanta
If you intend on filing a claim for damages following an accident, it is important for you to know that you must have grounds to do so. In this case, grounds are defined as valid reasons or foundations for engaging in some action. In the matter of personal injury claims, one must be able to prove that the actions or conduct of another or others resulted in the accident occurring in the first place. Such actions/conduct can include:
- Negligence - This involves an individual or group failing to act with proper caution or care in certain circumstances.
- Intentional conduct - This involves a person or group acting to intentionally harm another, in which case they can be held liable for any damages the victim might sustain
- Strict liability - This involves a person or group being responsible for the injuries of another even if no malicious intent or negligence was involved. A common example is the owner of a dog that attacks and injures someone.
If you believe you have grounds for filing a personal injury claim, it is strongly advised that you contact an Atlanta personal injury attorney at Law Office of Neil Flit today. Our firm has over 12 years of experience in assisting clients in their personal injury cases, and we can employ that same experience in your case. We will determine if you have grounds to file a claim, and if so, will pursue that claim on your behalf in order to increase your chances of securing the injury compensation you need.
Legal Help for Personal Injury Victims
While you are able to file an injury claim on your own, it may be to your substantial benefit to have an attorney file on your behalf. Should your claim be denied, or should you be offered less than what you asked for, an attorney can fight for the fair compensation you deserve, and even take the case to court, if necessary.
If you have been hurt in an accident, contact an Atlanta personal injury lawyer who can assist you in determining if you have grounds to file a claim for damages.